August 7, 2009

. Pheww .

Yeepie i can finally blog here pheww. After few weeks being bombarded by tired+stress+pressure+more more more, now i have been revived after more than 12 hours of sleep. What a bliss :) Days *more accurate will be weeks actually before now, i only able to get about 2-3 hours of sleep for average, means that somedays i can't even get the time to sleep AT ALL. But luckily the worst has gone, now i still have a few minor changes for my project and will end soon in this coming week :) Wait for me Holiday!

The project that stressed me the most will be the Publication project which really killing me. Asides of all the time and efforts i have to spend on this, the worse i have was bad luck. That day about 5am, while i going to finish my magazine design in INDesign, i saved and quit all my programmes because of some don't-know'what program hanged. So i rebooted my mac and while i double click on my file, and VOILA! It stated: Your file has been damaged and is not able to recover. Error Code 5. At that very moment, i was like: WADAFAK?!! That stupid things spend me more than 3 nights without sleep and this is how it treats me? And i tried a few times but still the same statement showed on the screen. My tears roll down and i was really like going to collapse at that time, i suppose to finish all the things and print it on that day, or else i'll never able to finish the mag on time for presentation. But luckily, i'm still glad that i'm a tough girl. I don't wanna waste my time to find for any solution that might be able to help me to recover my file, i just want to finish it asap and the things i can do is, REDO. Yes. And i really go & redo all the things again. But luckily the printer not close that early so i can rush to print eventually on that night. Pheww what a day. Now all in past tense, should really go and pop a champagne :)

Here are some photos of my magazine with the name FOUND :) It's a lifestyle magazine i designed from head-to-toe, that will mostly talk about Malaysian lifestyle with some tips and information i found. I tend to bound together what i found in our life and what's fun and happening arround us. That's what the concept of the mag and also is how i came out with the name FOUND. For this issue i design is about Vintage lifestyle in Malaysia. Because vintage is really a blast in Malaysia nowadays. No? :D

So, enjoy my hardworks. I know it might not be the best design but it's what came out after so many hardworks and sleepless days. If i can have more time, i can really make it better, i swear. And i really hope i can make it more experimental in terms of the design layout and also the contents. Anyway, the class already finished, so just let it be :D Maybe i'll come out with the continue issues of FOUND in the future if i got time? Who knows? Lolx.


The masthead design: FOUND

The front cover

Photos from now on will be some shots
of selected pages in the mag.

So how is it? Comments are welcome :)

3 Say something :):

said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

As a reader, i think that the table of contents is nice, it is clear listed. other than that,the photo should be on the same page but not separate into two pages, and the spacing is too pack, some paragraph are too close to the paper edge, and thr are many empty spaces, it should be fill in with something.
p.s: this is only my personal comment, no hard feeling, hehe! ^^

Gra.Feei.tude said...

Thx Anonymous reader,

Actually me myself like certain spaces leaving empty as it's, same for my lecturer, she don't like us to stuff all the things into a page without leaving any space, once she said: what's wrong with the space? But some pages i think it's too pack as well. I know when we student do something we will be more concern on lecturer's opinion, marks & grades, you know. But glad that someone can still give me opinion as a reader. I know there's still lot more space for me to improve, so, any comment will helps for sure, no hard feeling.

Thanks :) Oh, and i like the contents page as well :P